Cincinnati Warmachine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Louisville Game Shop tourny

5 posters

Go down

Louisville Game Shop tourny Empty Louisville Game Shop tourny

Post by milothewise June 29th 2014, 11:38 pm

Long drive to a full house - something like 25 people showed up, but they could only accommodate 22. Glad Mike and I got there early! 50 points, second list optional, capped at 4 rounds.

I just brought one list:
Durgen
-Earthbreaker
Alexia & Risen
Aiyanna & Holt
Press Gangers
Sea Dogs w/ Walls
Hawk
Rhupert
Thor
Reinholdt
Dougal MacNaile

Round 1 I play against Thomas playing Circle on Fire Support. Both lists have two Stalkers, two Stone units, and two Shrimp units - one with Kromac, one with eKrueger. If he takes eKrueger, I'm toast - I can't jam with Pirates, and Storm Wall shuts down my assassination runs. He doesn't know what Durgen is capable of, and takes Kromac.
Turn 1 I run up to the halfway mark, and he shoots down some Pirates.
Turn 2 I run the Pirates to jam. I get greedy with the Earthbreaker, and juuuuust fail to kill a Stalker that wasn't able to Prowl. I'm also not able to break either unit of stones, which gives him the chance to teleport and Warpath two Primaled Stalkers into the Earthbreaker. shrimps all Zephyr out of melee and keep shooting down Pirates.
Turn 3 I decide to go for it, since Kromac is sitting on two Fury and well within range. I Reload, Feat, burn through his transfers and put some damage on him. Two of my remaining Press Gangers with Primed get a charge on Kromac to finish the job.

Round 2 I play Omar with Menoth, either eFeora or pSevvy. Scenario is Outflank. He predictably goes with Feora with a bonded Judicator, Vanquisher, Reckoner, Zealots, and min Flameguard.
Turn 1 I run up. He kills a few Pirates and mini-feats with Zealots.
Turn 2 I jam, shoving Primed Sea Dogs into the Zealots. He takes some free strikes, and the explosions kill a bunch of Zealots. EB takes down half the Vanquisher, and KD in rough terrain. He kills a bunch of dudes with some good deviations, and gets the Reckoner to Alexia. Press Gangers flee, which turns out to be huge.
Turn 3 I have range to charge the Judicator with a Redlined Earthbreaker. With one of my Press Gangers in the way, and all of my guns either dead or on the wrong side of a forest, I don't have any way to make distance. Because I am very good at this game, I go for it anyway Smile. After that it's a slow slide into oblivion. He takes down the Earthbreaker over two turns. I kill the Judicator and the Vanquisher between the Earthbreaker and Durgen AP shots, but can't get to Feora or kill the Reckoner fast enough to keep him from winning on scenario.

Round 3 Mark! He can take Harbinger or the pKreoss that he purchased by way of a battle box that morning (Mark, Mike suggested that you should just hang the fucker from your keychain so you always have him). He goes with Harbinger; scenario is Process of Elimination.
Turn 1 he goes first and advances. I move to just shy of midfield, jamming his forward Errants with Primed Press Gangers.
Turn 2 he eats all my Press Gangers, and several Risen to boot. I even give him a few free ones with bad placement around Primed models. He minifeats with the Zealots and feats with Harbinger. I move Primed to the Sea Dogs, and run them into Zealots and Errants. They die to Harbinger's feat, and then 75% of Mark's infantry die to Primed blasts. Between that and Durgen's feated AOEs, Harbinger Martyrs down to 4 life (!!). I'm so pleased with myself that I throw the game away. I could move the Earthbreaker in the right zone, destroy the objective, and defend it against all comers. Or I could advance it into the left zone, the one that Mark has already set up shop in, and take shots at his Reckoner. I choose to make the play that does not win me the game.
Turn 3, Mark makes that play. He clears the zone, kills the objective, and scores 3 points. Now on the defensive, I go for it on Harbinger, figuring that I only need a few points to put her in the dirt. Only the EB has range, and he gets her to 1. If I remember that his torpedoes ignore cover, I might get there. As a last resort, I move Alexia into the zone and turn my last Risen into a Thrall Warrior, who takes his attack. Need an 8 to hit and a 13 on three dice to finish the game. He hits...and rolls a 4 on damage. I kill a few more things...
Turn 4...and Mark kills the Earthbreaker (who he has been putting damage on all game) and Alexia to close it out.
Great game, always a pleasure to play Mark. One of my best games against him in a while.

Round 4 I play Austin with Ravyn in Close Quarters. He's got 2 Stormfall Archer units, MHSF, Discordia, a Manticore, Dhalia & Skaarth, and all the character solos.
Turn 1 he has me go first, and I run up. He puts Snipe on the MHSF and goes to town, killing enough Pirates to move pEiryss up and Disrupter Bolts Durgen (!!).
Turn 2 Thor and Dougal help the EB KD the Manticore, put him in rough, and destroy an arm. Durgen shoots ineffectually, and the Pirates jam. Alexia moves up aggressively, figuring that attrition is my best bet. Too aggressively, as it turns out. He feats, puts out some well-placed sprays, and kills Alexia along with most of the Pirates.
Turn 3 I decide that Ravyn is within 16" of the Earthbreaker. I'm right, and it's over.

I ended 2-2, but learned a lot about Durgen. Pretty sure he's my Earthbreaker caster. Ideas about who to pair with him? I like Damiano here, and maybe MacBaine for a three lister if I can borrow the world at large.
milothewise
milothewise

Back to top Go down

Louisville Game Shop tourny Empty Re: Louisville Game Shop tourny

Post by eChad June 30th 2014, 10:44 am

Awesome

eChad

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS June 30th 2014, 11:32 am

milothewise wrote:
Turn 2 he eats all my Press Gangers, and several Risen to boot. I even give him a few free ones with bad placement around Primed models. He minifeats with the Zealots and feats with Harbinger. I move Primed to the Sea Dogs, and run them into Zealots and Errants. They die to Harbinger's feat, and then 75% of Mark's infantry die to Primed blasts. Between that and Durgen's feated AOEs, Harbinger Martyrs down to 4 life (!!).

Thanks for the battle reports! But...

Primed only triggers off of enemy attacks.  No 
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by eChad June 30th 2014, 11:57 am

Owned.

eChad

Back to top Go down

Post by milothewise June 30th 2014, 12:42 pm

Enemy attacks, right. Missed that wording. Works on free strikes, at least. I assume Harbingers feat is worded such that it isn't an attack damage roll...

Glad Mark won that one Smile
milothewise
milothewise

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS June 30th 2014, 12:43 pm

Ya, things like Harby's feat, OW feat, Covering Fire, Creeping Barrage, Scather Templates, Electro Leaps, (I don't know about are not enemy attacks.
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by Servo July 1st 2014, 1:55 pm

I brought two lists:

Terminus
-Stalker
McThralls & surgeon
Knights & Tartarus
Biles
Withershadow
Madelyn
Darragh
Wraith engine
Pistol & machine wraith

Mortenebra
2x Harrower
Stalker
Scavenger
Reaper
Deathjack
Nightwretch
2x Sirens

Game 1 vs Ryan (eVayl, 2x Angelius, Ravagore, Scythean, Raptors, support)
With such a shortage of magical weapons, the wraith engine gets to be a star. It holds the scythean and ravagore in place until banes and terminus kill them. McThralls tie up the raptors, pistol wraith and withershadow distract the angels, and I win on scenario after purging on all the raptors and vayl!

Game 2 vs Brett (Borka, storm and pyre trolls, millions of champs, krielstone, etc.)
I underestimate the krielstone and lose the wraith engine early, biles cannot chew through his armor, and the mcthralls/banes trigger tons of tough rolls. My feat turn gets me five souls, and I decide against trying to kill Borka. The right play would have been to run next to him and let the army close around him to shut down stumbling drunk. Instead, I try to clear the zone but tough rolls prevail and he runs Borka twice across the board to start scoring before I can remove those pesky trolls. I try so long and hard that I end up clocking out. Sigh.

Game 3 vs Mady (pVlad, iron fangs, super iron fangs, winterguard death star, widowmakers, behemoth, etc.)
Women play this game! She was definitely knowledgeable about the game, but I don't think she plays very competitively. Mortenebra dominates a zone after destroying the objective in it on top of 2. Vlad is in the killbox still, so that's that. I felt bad, but I still put the behemoth in a void gate turn one and shadowbound it turn two. Harrower threshered, overran, and bought attacks until there were no more souls within reach. Fun for me, but Mady was kicking herself for the killbox and lack of commitment to the zone.

Game 4 vs Forgot his name (eSorscha, winterguard death star, conquest, widowmakers, andrei with beast 09, eiyriss)
I really wanted to drop Mortenebra here, but his list takes it apart on feat turn. His other list was a typical Butcher 3 list, which looked even worse for me. Turns out, he'd never played against terminus before. I bait conquest out with the wraith engine and then terminus (one attack), tartarus (run for dark shroud), one bane knight, and three mechanithralls take it down. His soul may have been crushed when he saw mcthralls hitting at dice minus one for damage, but it didn't compare to the 9-soul purge I got on the winterguard/widowmakers. Terminus is armor a jillion and eats Sorscha, who was at armor minus four because tartarus was still around.

Ended up 6th place, with a 3-1 record. I got one really good game in here, though the others felt like an inevitable slide to victory. Any tips on dealing with the krielstone are greatly appreciated...

Afterwards, we escaped the Sweat Dungeon and went to one of the many pubs in town. Awesome beer, a free cupcake, conversations with cool people, and jokes about homosexuals with a self-identifying gay man made the night a success!
Servo
Servo

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowerlitespeed July 1st 2014, 9:50 pm

Siphon bolt works wonders on the Kriel Stone Very Happy Very Happy 

Slowerlitespeed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down