Cincinnati Warmachine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greenwood Game Preserve 50 point SR

2 posters

Go down

Greenwood Game Preserve 50 point SR Empty Greenwood Game Preserve 50 point SR

Post by Crawling Chaos May 25th 2014, 6:49 pm

I went to a tourney in Indianapolis at The Greenwood Game Preserve.  13 players, so four rounds.  50 points, 2 lists, divide and conquer (1).

My lists:
Skarre1
• Skarlock
• Reaper
Wraith Engine
Darragh Wrathe
Satyxis Raider cpt.
Necrosurgeon and stitch Thralls
Max Bane Riders
Max Soul Hunters
Max Satyxis Raiders + UA

Denny2
• Skarlock
• 2x Defiler
• Nightmare
Wraith Engine
Warwitch Siren
Max Bane Riders
Min Ghost Raiders
Whithershadow Combine

Round 1
Scenario: Incursion
Skarre1 v. Kara Sloan

I get first turn and jam with raiders.  This pretty much allows me to take control of the flags as he cannot get through the raiders, followed by soul hunters, followed by bane riders.  I score one, then three to make it 4-0.  He has to kill me.  Skarre is sitting on ARM 25 with 11 life.  Kara goes to shoot and realizes he forgot to reload with Reinholt.  Stormwall can't punch enough damage through and Skarre wins on scenario.

Round 2
Scenario: Destuction
Skarre v. McBain

I can honestly say that I don't know Mercs that well.  I chose Skarre because he had a Galleon in both lists and I didn't think I could kill it without Skarre's feat.  Anyway my opponent feats turn one after running everything up.  I have no RFP, so can't do much but kill what I can and knockdown the rest.  My feat ends up being more defensive.  Bane riders run to block LoS to Skarre from the Galleon.  His turn, his dice go ice cold.  Granted all my stuff is +5 ARM, but he can't hit anything.  We jockey around for another turn trying to gain an advantage.  At last, McBain has to come out to do some of his own dirty work and leaves himself open to the Wraith Engine with 3 souls on it.  Game.

Round 3
Scenario: Two Fronts
Denny v. Vlad3 (Horse Lords!)

I go first and run up everything.  Anticipating my feat, he jams me with a full unit of Uhlans, two Man-o-War Kovnics, and Fenris.  I go incorporeal move up and feat.  I kill what I can, but mostly move things into assassination position.  He in turn kills what he can.  Denny charges Vlad and with puppet master put 5 damage on him and teleports him toward Nightmare.  I then realize I didn't allocate any focus to Nightmare.  So, I put curse of shadows on Vlad.  Blackbane's charge in, but can't crack his armor, but do manage to light him in fire.  The lone siren power boosts Nightmare, but nightmare leaves Vlad at one.  Luckily Vlad does not roll off the fire, and with curse of shadows, dies to the fire.  Luck saves my ass!

Round 4
Scenario: Incoming
Skarre v. Kromac

I go first and run everything up as far as possible.  The Wold Stalkers need 8s to hit the raiders and kill a couple.  His army moves up defensively using gobber cloud and a forest to block LoS to his more important pieces.  I feat and kill what I can.  I break both units of stones and kill most of the Wold Stalkers.  He primals Ghetorix and a Stalker to kill most Bane Riders the Wraith Engine and a few Soul Hunters.  A lot more than I thought he would under my feat.  I discard the idea of an assassination and work toward a scenario win.  I clear both zones and go up 2-0.  The two beasts frenzy and kill the last of the Bane Riders.  He puts something in Skarre's zone, but can't the other.3-0.  The reaper charges in to kill a stalker an jam up the works to keep me scoring.  Soul Hunters kill the contester.  4-0.  He kills the reaper and the Raider Captain to take the other zone.  A stalker kills Darragh Wrathe and contests the zone.  4-1.  He moves Kromac up to kill the Soul hunters and dominate one zone and keeps the other.  Then he shifts a stone and runs something to contest my zone. 4-4.  All I have left is Skarre.  She kills the stone and hellfires the other model to dominate and win.  Hell of a game.  There weren't five models left on the board.

Cryx wins the day!
My Circle opponent Second.
My Mercenaries opponent Third.

A big thank you to the Greenwood Game Preserve and the tournament organizers.  It was a great, hard fought day.  All my opponents were friendly, and great sports.  I look forward to future road trips there.
Crawling Chaos
Crawling Chaos

Back to top Go down

Greenwood Game Preserve 50 point SR Empty Re: Greenwood Game Preserve 50 point SR

Post by DanS May 27th 2014, 5:24 pm

eDenny you whore.  

Congrats on the win, and not having to play Chad.
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Greenwood Game Preserve 50 point SR Empty Re: Greenwood Game Preserve 50 point SR

Post by Crawling Chaos June 4th 2014, 2:46 pm

Final Standings:

Name Faction Score (SOS) (CP) (PC Destroyed)
Brian Leugers Cryx 4 (9)(11)(95)
Brian Graham Circle Orboros 3 (9) (9) (161)
Andrew Hartley Mercenaries 3 (9) (5) (130)
David Johnson Mercenaries 3 (Cool (1) (103)
Chad Walsh Skorne 3 (7) (6) (101)
Brian Spieles Mercenaries 2 (9) (13) (51)
Blake Hoppes Circle Orboros 2 (Cool (1) (82)
TJ Crawford Khador 2 (6) (5) (82)
Eric Conrad Khador 2 (6) (3) (88)
Corlin Jewell Cryx 1 (9) (7) (56)
Joel DeRossett Cygnar 1 (9) (1) (69)
Chris Hinders Cygnar 1 (6) (5) (93)
Jason Guy Convergence 1 (5) (1) (31)
Crawling Chaos
Crawling Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down