Cincinnati Warmachine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFFICIALLY-UNOFFICIAL IRON GAUNTLET LISTS

3 posters

Go down

OFFICIALLY-UNOFFICIAL IRON GAUNTLET LISTS Empty OFFICIALLY-UNOFFICIAL IRON GAUNTLET LISTS

Post by Slowerlitespeed October 23rd 2014, 7:37 pm

It is weird, different, and may not make sense at first, but...After many hours, in the cave, of play-testing, doing stupid amounts of math, and figuring match-ups, the lists are finally done.  At this point it would have to be a very good reason to make any tweaks, but my ears remain open.  Please tell me if you see any holes or any terrible match-ups, that I may be overlooking.  Here they go.

PDenni Tier 4 (YEP, DO NOT CARE WHAT THE BOARDS SAY)
PDenni  +5
-Skarlock  2
-Stalker x4  16
-Nightwretch  4
-Ripjaw  free
-Seether x2  18
Siren x4  8
Max Mechanithralls  5
-Skarlock Commander  1
-Brute Thrall  1

PSkarre  +6
-Skarlock  2
-Kraken x2  38
Necrotech and Scrap x2  2
Raider Captain  2
Max Satyxis Raiders  8
-Sea Witch  2
Necrosurgeon  2

Scavy  +5
-Skarlock  2
-Deathjack  12
-Nightwretch  4
Wraith Engine  9
Pistol Wraith x2  6
Siren x2  4
Gorman  2
Orin  2
Withershadow Combine  5
Min Bile Thralls  5
Cephalyx Overlords  4

Sound off!!!!!

Slowerlitespeed

Back to top Go down

OFFICIALLY-UNOFFICIAL IRON GAUNTLET LISTS Empty Re: OFFICIALLY-UNOFFICIAL IRON GAUNTLET LISTS

Post by milothewise October 23rd 2014, 10:06 pm

Do the Necrotechs do enough with Skarre? That model-light Machine Wraiths could make it easier to contest zones and flags.

Everything else looks solid. Non-traditional, which you love, of course Smile.

Thoughts about what you bring at 75? You're pretty much obligated to go jack-heavy, which could be an issue in some matchups.
milothewise
milothewise

Back to top Go down

OFFICIALLY-UNOFFICIAL IRON GAUNTLET LISTS Empty Re: OFFICIALLY-UNOFFICIAL IRON GAUNTLET LISTS

Post by Slowerlitespeed October 24th 2014, 2:36 am

The 75 point builds have been fun. The PSkarre build has both Krakens and the Wraith Engine. That could be brutal, which is exactly what 75 points should be, in my opinion. I kind of favor a lower model count at 75, as I have run infantry spam before with zero success. I debated running the Witch Coven, for a long time, because at 75 points they are just unfair. The tier list is easy to build for 75 points, and it is just stupid-good.

I like the necrotechs for a couple of reasons: The first is for the repair check, when needed. The second is for the extra sac pawn/sac strike targets. I have found that the games are lasting longer with this build, and sometimes I need extra bodies.

Slowerlitespeed

Back to top Go down

Post by IImmortalized October 24th 2014, 10:59 am

All 3 of these lists sing Lou to me. They seem very well thought out and play to your strengths. Very toolbox like and aggressive.

So what is your general thought process for the lists in terms of who to play them against? Is pSkarre your general Hordes drop? Are there any particular lists or matchups you don't like with this lineup?

My only worry is that Scavy is soooo mentally intensive to play and each piece is so important that it suffers immensely from just a couple models being killed. I know you like doing your own thing, but wouldn't Gaspy be less mentally bashing?
IImmortalized
IImmortalized

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowerlitespeed October 24th 2014, 9:16 pm

Yeah the matchups are covered. The thing I like about these three lists is that the opponent is going to have to attempt to pick a list that can answer all of them. The idea behind that is that I will most likely be forcing matchups for them. That gives me the ability to win list chicken as long as I am not forced into something. Not to mention, if killing dude spam is the opponents way to beat cryx, then... Very Happy

Slowerlitespeed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down