Cincinnati Warmachine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bookery Ohio Championship Qualifier

3 posters

Go down

The Bookery Ohio Championship Qualifier Empty The Bookery Ohio Championship Qualifier

Post by Crawling Chaos April 14th 2014, 10:50 am

Round 1 Skarre1 v. Stryker2
Scenario: Destruction

This is the list (with a few minor changes) that lost to a couple week ago at Epic Loot.  I still felt Skarre gave me my best chance, so I went with her again.  Raiders jammed, cav right behind.  Everything else ran up as well.  I lose a few raiders and some cav as expected.  I feat and kill a bunch but this time I don't expose Skarre.  I only had one extra focus, but Dark guidance and move right to dominate.  The objective is destroyed and Skarre dominates the zone to go up 3-0.  I should have just camped everything and ran to dominate the extreme corner of the zone.  As it is, I think Stryker could have gotten to Skarre.  It might have been close, but my opponent decided to jam the zone, disrupt my jack, and close in for a charge on Skarre next turn.  Unfortunately (for him) I was able to clear most of the zone with Skarre.  Darragh Wrathe finished off the last model contesting to give m the win 5-0.

Round 2 Skarre1 v. Makeda2
Scenario: Supply and Demand

Once again I'm paired up with some one I played at the Epic Loot qualifier.  This time he brought his well oiled Makeda list.  He goes first and runs up.  I get a few charges off with the raiders, but mostly jam. Everything else gets into attack position.  Makeda feats, road to war and advances into some trees camping two.  Swordsmen murder most of the raiders while the incendiari advance 9 and light a lot of my stuff on fire, including Skarre.  Mollik Karn moves in and kills the raider captain and knocks out most of Erebus.  I've got almost no raiders, three soul hunters and the wraith engine.  I see an assassination if I can clear a landing zone and get some souls on the Wraith Engine.  Unfortunately, the swordsmen have been zombified.  So, I apparition toward the Incediari.  Between the Banes, soul hunters and remaining raiders, I fill the wraith engine up, clear a path and kill Makeda with the Wraith Engine.

Round 3 Shade2 v. Calaban
Scenario: Close Quarters

This turns out to be one hell of a grind.  Both lists were designed to out attrition the opponent.  Neither of us made any really bad mistakes.  So, it came down to positioning and dice.  Both of us positioned well, never really exposing ourselves to assassination or losing our support.  My dice didn't work so well on damage, but he was having trouble hitting.  In the end, I just used too much of my clock and fell behind on the attrition game.  I ended up losing on scenario 5-3.  Great game and opponent.  He ended up winning the tournament, so I at least got a good strength of schedule bump.

Round 4 Skarre1 v. Rahn
Scenario: Balance of Power

Another player I played at Epic Loot weeks ago.  He was the one I got quad fives on to one shot Garryth with a  Bane Thrall.  Niether of us wanted to redo that match, so we went with our alternate lists.  He had Hyperion on the new jr warcaster.  He goes first and runs up a node and shield wall desperate pace Halbardiers move to a defensive position.  I do what I do and jam the raiders down his throat and follow everything else up.  He responds by killing most of the raiders, and arcing force hammers into soul hunters in an effort to kill banes with collateral damage.  He succeeds on a few, but also kills the Necrosurgeon, a stitch thrall and knocks down the soul hunter unit leader.  My turn I put Backlash on Hyperion and feat.  Skarre advances to the rear and camps.  I only rolled a one on RitSac, so I was a little cautious.  Turns out I really do need Dark Guidance.  Wraith Engine charges into the Halbardiers and misses everything.  Raiders kill the Jr. with feedback damage and with their mini feat put a healthy dose of damage on Hyperion.  Banes mostly run as they can't charge Hyperion and there wasn't much in range.  Rahn reactivates Hyperion while the Halbardiers put a little damage on the Wraith Engine.  I'm down to two soul hunters, four raiders, and about eight banes.  I decide to go for it despite Rahn camping ARM 23.

A Soul hunter and three banes get to him and due to some above average rolling, kill him.  And, as always, we have a good time playing. Lots of banter back and forth and just a good time.

I ended up taking second due to strength of schedule.  Thanks a lot to all those who take the time to set up and run these.  They have all been great.  I look forward to the next one.

I don't know why all this size BS keeps appearing.  I can't get rid of it.  Fuck it, I'm done.
Crawling Chaos
Crawling Chaos

Back to top Go down

The Bookery Ohio Championship Qualifier Empty Re: The Bookery Ohio Championship Qualifier

Post by eChad April 14th 2014, 11:46 am

Round 1 Skarre1 v. Stryker2
Scenario: Destruction

This is the list (with a few minor changes) that lost to a couple week ago at Epic Loot.  I still felt Skarre gave me my best chance, so I went with her again.  Raiders jammed, cav right behind.  Everything else ran up as well.  I lose a few raiders and some cav as expected.  I feat and kill a bunch but this time I don't expose Skarre.  I only had one extra focus, but Dark guidance and move right to dominate.  The objective is destroyed and Skarre dominates the zone to go up 3-0.  I should have just camped everything and ran to dominate the extreme corner of the zone.  As it is, I think Stryker could have gotten to Skarre.  It might have been close, but my opponent decided to jam the zone, disrupt my jack, and close in for a charge on Skarre next turn.  Unfortunately (for him) I was able to clear most of the zone with Skarre.  Darragh Wrathe finished off the last model contesting to give m the win 5-0.

Round 2 Skarre1 v. Makeda2
Scenario: Supply and Demand

Once again I'm paired up with some one I played at the Epic Loot qualifier.  This time he brought his well oiled Makeda list.  He goes first and runs up.  I get a few charges off with the raiders, but mostly jam. Everything else gets into attack position.  Makeda feats, road to war and advances into some trees camping two.  Swordsmen murder most of the raiders while the incendiari advance 9 and light a lot of my stuff on fire, including Skarre.  Mollik Karn moves in and kills the raider captain and knocks out most of Erebus.  I've got almost no raiders, three soul hunters and the wraith engine.  I see an assassination if I can clear a landing zone and get some souls on the Wraith Engine.  Unfortunately, the swordsmen have been zombified.  So, I apparition toward the Incediari.  Between the Banes, soul hunters and remaining raiders, I fill the wraith engine up, clear a path and kill Makeda with the Wraith Engine.

Round 3 Shade2 v. Calaban
Scenario: Close Quarters

This turns out to be one hell of a grind.  Both lists were designed to out attrition the opponent.  Neither of us made any really bad mistakes.  So, it came down to positioning and dice.  Both of us positioned well, never really exposing ourselves to assassination or losing our support.  My dice didn't work so well on damage, but he was having trouble hitting.  In the end, I just used too much of my clock and fell behind on the attrition game.  I ended up losing on scenario 5-3.  Great game and opponent.  He ended up winning the tournament, so I at least got a good strength of schedule bump.

Round 4 Skarre1 v. Rahn
Scenario: Balance of Power
Another player I played at Epic Loot weeks ago.  He was the one I got quad fives on to one shot Garryth with a  Bane Thrall.  Niether of us wanted to redo that match, so we went with our alternate lists.  He had Hyperion on the new jr warcaster.  He goes first and runs up a node and shield wall desperate pace Halbardiers move to a defensive position.  I do what I do and jam the raiders down his throat and follow everything else up.  He responds by killing most of the raiders, and arcing force hammers into soul hunters in an effort to kill banes with collateral damage.  He succeeds on a few, but also kills the Necrosurgeon, a stitch thrall and knocks down the soul hunter unit leader.  My turn I put Backlash on Hyperion and feat.  Skarre advances to the rear and camps.  I only rolled a one on RitSac, so I was a little cautious.  Turns out I really do need Dark Guidance.  Wraith Engine charges into the Halbardiers and misses everything.  Raiders kill the Jr. with feedback damage and with their mini feat put a healthy dose of damage on Hyperion.  Banes mostly run as they can't charge Hyperion and there wasn't much in range.  Rahn reactivates Hyperion while the Halbardiers put a little damage on the Wraith Engine.  I'm down to two soul hunters, four raiders, and about eight banes.  I decide to go for it despite Rahn camping ARM 23.

A Soul hunter and three banes get to him and due to some above average rolling, kill him.  And, as always, we have a good time playing. Lots of banter back and forth and just a good time.

I ended up taking second due to strength of schedule.  Thanks a lot to all those who take the time to set up and run these.  They have all been great.  I look forward to the next one.

I don't know why all this size BS keeps appearing.  I can't get rid of it.  Fuck it, I'm done.

eChad

Back to top Go down

The Bookery Ohio Championship Qualifier Empty Re: The Bookery Ohio Championship Qualifier

Post by eChad April 14th 2014, 11:47 am

I don't think that last list is technically legal since the new jr's aren't officially released yet.  If the TO allows it, then sure.  Just thought that was interesting.

What was in the Calaban list?

eChad

Back to top Go down

Post by pg.Affliction April 14th 2014, 12:36 pm

Crawling Chaos wrote:I don't know why all this size BS keeps appearing.  I can't get rid of it.  Fuck it, I'm done.

If you copy paste from another site it adds in all their [BBCode]. The only way I know to fix this, is change the editor to not reflect WYSIWYG (see link below how to change that, last two pictures).

http://www.cincinnatiwarmachine.com/t7-a-couple-of-the-features-on-the-forums

If you do it from a mobile device I am not sure how that interaction works, but I will do some testing and see if I can find. I think there is an option I can click to make the posting/editing default one way or the other. I will change it and see if that helps.

btw, I fixed your post even though Chad fixed it in his first post.

pg.Affliction
pg.Affliction
Admin

https://cincinnatiwarmachine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pg.Affliction April 14th 2014, 12:44 pm

eChad wrote:I don't think that last list is technically legal since the new jr's aren't officially released yet.  If the TO allows it, then sure.  

Per Simon, they are legal as soon as they are in your hands. Unlike a con release they were available to everyone. The quote below is in the FAQ section in the post I linked.

PPS_Simon wrote:Will the Kickstarter-exclusive limited-edition sculpt models be tournament legal when they release?

Yes. This is their official release.

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?168105-OFFICIAL-WARMACHINE-Tactics-now-on-Kickstarter
pg.Affliction
pg.Affliction
Admin

https://cincinnatiwarmachine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crawling Chaos April 14th 2014, 1:04 pm

From memory it was:
2 blackhides
2 bull snappers
2 feralgeist
3 dr.s
2 max posses
Bokur and shamblers
It was a theme list.
Crawling Chaos
Crawling Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down