Cincinnati Warmachine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dan's Masters Lists

+3
eChad
milothewise
DanS
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dan's Masters Lists - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan's Masters Lists

Post by milothewise May 13th 2014, 4:48 pm

Servo wrote:The leviathan is pretty solid, and Aiakos lets it do work without draining casters.

I continue to swear by my Leviathan, although I'd leave Aiakos at home with eSkarre b/c of Seas of Fate and Perdition. Kraken is (in theory) excellent with her. Even a Reaper would be something.

Anyway, this is all to say congrats on the win, and I'm glad Vlad 3 is performing for you. Why did you drop Redline on the Spriggan? Like, ever?
milothewise
milothewise

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS May 13th 2014, 5:09 pm

Match #2 INTO THE BREACH

uButcher vs.

Warwitch Deneghra (*5pts)
* Nightwretch (4pts)
* Nightwretch (4pts)
* Skarlock Thrall (2pts)
Bane Knights (Leader and 9 Grunts) (10pts)
Black Ogrun Boarding Party (Leader and 2 Grunts) (4pts)
Black Ogrun Boarding Party (Leader and 4 Grunts) (6pts)
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters (Cylena and 9 Grunts) (10pts)
Satyxis Blood Witches (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Satyxis Blood Hag (2pts)
The Withershadow Combine (5pts)
Warwitch Siren (2pts)

I can see the idea behind this list.  Shoot you from the back lines, tie you up with 8wound dudes while you have the Withering or Crippling Grasp on you.  Finish you with knights.

Turn one
Everything runs forward.  Butcher energizers the Battlegroup forward and ends up 11" up the board.  eEyriss is ready to shoot off any debuffs.

He moves up conservitively.  Ogrun are screening up front, witches mini-feat and run towards the flag.  Nyss are on the other flank behind a forest, 13" away front the Pikemen they tried to shoot.  Denny and the nodes move up cautiously she chucks a Crippling Grasp at a dog, but misses.  

Turn 2
I get a turn of being fully functional?  Sweet!  Butcher keeps it all and charges screaming into the witches, he kills six and an Ogrun, then energizers away/towards the flag, his dogs kill an Ogrun and form a wall next to his objective.  B3 feats to be at full camp.  The Drakhun and Gorman form a LOS wall that the left side of the board cannot see though and B3 + Ragman + wardog hide inside.  Pikemen charge up and kill 3 Ogrun, mini-feating so the Nyss need 9's to kill.  Both jack are now cemented in the zone.  My last activation is my Widowmakers ripping the arc-node off of his right node.  

He realizes that there is no way he is making a significant attack on Butcher this turn.  He moves to safety with Denny and starts setting up for a turn 3 feat.  The Dog wall utterly neuters most of his plans though.  Between the Knights and a couple of Ogrun, he leaves both on half health.  Four IFP die to random Nyss bows and other Ogrun and his last node gets into a better position for next turn.  Finally he moves the siren up to spray the dog and ragman but the Drakhun countercharges her and kills her and a witch.  He then uses the witches to go after my widowmakers but one ends up taking a free strike and dying...forcing a command check which he fails.

Turn 3
I give one focus to a jack and camp the rest.  Butcher clears the flag and gets ready to start scoring.  Widowmakers kill some Bane Knights with one jack who headbutts one into the ground.  Eyriss kills another knight and pikemen take the unit down to 4 remaining.  Then Gorman acid bombs two more and the Drakun finishes the arcnode off.  The Dog wall stands its ground and I score a point.

The rest of the game disintegrates into him feeding a hand full of models to contest the flag and B3 killing them mercilessly.  Meanwhile the Jack sit in the zone, killing what they can with slams and head-butts.  There is not enough army left to make use of her feat anymore and I win on Scenario after a while.

On the final turn he brought his Nyss into the middle of the board to threaten B3 not realizing that when the jacks open up, they would kill ALL of them with 'rain of death' and AOEs.
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS May 13th 2014, 6:16 pm

I really liked how the B3 list performed. Vlad3 did admirably, Skarre2 definately forces you to play cagey. At least until I take out one of the assassination pieces. I feel like he would have dominated the pDenny matchup. Now I just need to fall on the final list. I would hate to fall back on eButcher tier, but I feel like I need a list the fills a role. Maybe lists that deal with Circle and Menoth?
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by milothewise May 13th 2014, 7:08 pm

Not pSorcha, then (Hello, you fucking book!).
milothewise
milothewise

Back to top Go down

Post by Crawling Chaos May 13th 2014, 9:19 pm

So what are the top casters likely to be seen?
Menoth: Harbinger, Kreoss3, Sevarius1
Circle: Morvhanna2,  Kromac, then I don't know.  Too many good caster to choose from.  My guess would be Kreuger2.

Against your two lists I would guess, Morvhanna2 attrition, or Kreoss3 cav backed up with jacks. Harbinger could be an issue as well.
Crawling Chaos
Crawling Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by milothewise May 13th 2014, 9:48 pm

Menoth brings whoever has the book, because Dan might take Butcher3, right? Maybe we should PM Mark...
milothewise
milothewise

Back to top Go down

Post by Crawling Chaos May 14th 2014, 4:55 am

Harbinger usually takes all the characters. Book, Rhovan, Rhupert, whatever else. Tough, no knockdown, self sacing, martyrdoming, asshole Errants.
Crawling Chaos
Crawling Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by eChad May 14th 2014, 10:19 am

I think you probably take Harbinger with all the characters here, or pSevvy depending on what their lists are. Sev seems like he could be pretty decent against B3 because he can shut down spells well, but I think he's less popular right now for some unknown reason.

Either way, you're likely to see the book, zealots+ua, Avatar. Rhoven and Rhupert are also likely.

I don't think B3 really cares about Errants, as long as he can Flashing Blade. You have enough ranged in the B3 list to snipe out the book though. If it's Harbinger, martyrdom could get annoying.

I think eFeora might be a sub-optimal drop. She has tools to get there, but her jacks are in more danger than usual. I'm undecided on Kreoss3. That seems like a dangerous take, because you could be playing the cav-on-cav game, and Vlad3 does it better.

I'm not sure you really need a third list for Menoth.

eChad

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS May 14th 2014, 3:36 pm

The two lists that I have really do handle a lot of the match-ups. As mentioned, B3 is a pretty good Harby counter, even with the book. Silence of Death shuts down a lot of her tricks, and if I can shoot the book down to 1 health, and then charge it with SoDed eliminators/Drakhun/IFP/Dog...it dies.

pButcher may be a good take...then I have three casters who are houses and can bring the hurt themselves.
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by milothewise May 14th 2014, 3:46 pm

I really like the idea of an Iron Flesh caster in the lineup. Whatever happened to the Old Witch?

I'm with Chad that you probably don't need a separate Menoth drop. I think they probably take Harbinger because that's probably where the book is, and whether they do or don't that ends up looking pretty good for uButcher.
milothewise
milothewise

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS May 14th 2014, 4:11 pm

Butcher - Claws of the Dragon (NQ41)
Casters: 1/1
Tiers: 4
The Butcher of Khardov (*6pts)
* Devastator (9pts)
* Devastator (9pts)
* War dog (1pts)
Great Bears of Gallowswood (5pts)
Iron Fang Pikemen (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Black Dragon Officer & Standard (0pts)
* Black Dragon Officer & Standard (2pts)
* Iron Fang Pikemen Officer & Standard (2pts)
Iron Fang Kovnik (2pts)
Iron Fang Kovnik (2pts)

+1 start roll and Advanced Move for the whole army(essentially)

Good against Circle, Menoth, most things really.
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by pg.GrandPooBa May 14th 2014, 9:09 pm

Kreoss 1 is still very popular and more then likely be my khador match up unless B3 isn't in your list or isn't available otherwise harby.

Sorry for the short answer heading on vacation tomorrow and have alot to do still.

pg.GrandPooBa

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS May 15th 2014, 10:08 am

I would be curious about the Kreoss List.

That pButcher list seems better and better though.  Two units of those pike-men will be immune to knockdown on the turn that matters(not to mention 'no sleeping on the job' from the Kovniks) and Butcher camping is no joke.  If Harby is chosen advanced move lets me get into zones to contest and all of the high ARM becomes a problem for her shooting elements.  I may change the jack loadout to better handle Menoth though.  Replace a Devistator with a Juggernaut and add a Manhunter.

B3 will have shield guard and a high camp.

Vlad3 will have windwall.  Most pKreoss list that I see bring Roven, and not Ayanna...which I love.
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS May 15th 2014, 11:03 am

I think I am in love...

The Butcher of Khardov (*6pts)
* Devastator (9pts)
* Juggernaut (7pts)
* War dog (1pts)
* Black Dragon Officer & Standard (0pts)
* Black Dragon Officer & Standard (2pts)
Iron Fang Uhlans (Leader and 4 Grunts) (11pts)
Iron Fang Kovnik (2pts)
Iron Fang Kovnik (2pts)
Kovnik Markov (4pts)
Manhunter (2pts)
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2