Cincinnati Warmachine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mauling a Blitzer

3 posters

Go down

Mauling a Blitzer Empty Mauling a Blitzer

Post by Psychotrshman June 24th 2014, 2:38 pm

I'm wondering if some of the local PG's and potential opponents can weigh in on something for me. I have a metal mauler that I'm using in some of my lists. I'm considering a Gunnbjorn list that contains two Blitzers and this is the only list that would run dual Blitzers.

Would anyone here locally have a problem with me putting a spare Pyg Gunner on the back of my mauler and using it as a blitzer in tournament play? I don't plan any other conversion to it. Just adding the gunner. Similarly, if I was to add bombs to the maulers hands, could he be used as a bomber in local tournaments?

As an opponent would you object to it being used or as a PG, would you dq the model from your events? I asked this on the PP forums and got mixed reviews. Most said to ask locally, so I'm asking locally. I eventually plan to buy a second plastic kit, but I'm looking for a stand in til I can get one.

Thanks in advance for weighing in. I hope everyone is having a great day.

Psychotrshman

Back to top Go down

Mauling a Blitzer Empty Re: Mauling a Blitzer

Post by eChad June 24th 2014, 4:14 pm

I'm not a PG or a TO.

As an opponent, I would have zero problem playing against a metal Mauler with a machine gun and a pyg on it's back as a Blitzer.

I would also have no problems playing against a Mauler sculpt with keg-bombs being played as a Bomber.

If there is no ambiguity, it's cool as far as I'm concerned.

eChad

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotrshman June 24th 2014, 4:18 pm

Thanks for weighing in! Um, what's ambiguity? Haha.

Psychotrshman

Back to top Go down

Post by eChad June 24th 2014, 5:40 pm

Ambiguity is kinda like having more than one possible meaning. Basically meaning that if I look at it and think it's a Mauler, there could be an issue.

But if it looks like a Blitzer and it's agreed before the game that it's a Blitzer, and you use the Blitzer's stats the entire game, there are very few people who will care.

eChad

Back to top Go down

Post by pg.Affliction June 24th 2014, 6:03 pm

As long as the barrels/bombs on the Bomber, and the gunner on the Blitzer were removable to keep from confusing your opponent you will be fine. I have seen way crazier conversions even on the big scenes.

As always the caveat being that is a local decision and could always be change if you leave the area, but really you should be just fine even when traveling.
pg.Affliction
pg.Affliction
Admin

https://cincinnatiwarmachine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotrshman June 24th 2014, 6:29 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the feed back guys. Everything is gonna be removable so that the mauler can be used as well. This will give me multiple dires to drop when/if desired.

Psychotrshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum