Cincinnati Warmachine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CincyCon Battle Rep

4 posters

Go down

CincyCon Battle Rep Empty CincyCon Battle Rep

Post by IImmortalized March 24th 2014, 10:37 am

Hey Guys!

I figured I would lay down what happened in the 25 MM/TC on Sunday. This is also in an effort for you guys to put your battle reports up and to get these forums rolling.

To start this was my list:

Adeptis Rahn
- Banshee
- Phoenix
- Sphinx
Mage Hunter Assassin
Arcanist
Arcanist

So the first thing you are probably wondering is why a Banshee over another Phoenix and to that I say due to possible units. While it did not make a difference in my games, had I played against Michael is would have mattered for pShades Feat.

So first game I got paired against a (newer) Skorne player and I regretfully forgot his name. His list was as below:

pMorghoul
- Cyclops Savage
- Cyclops Savage
- Titan Gladiator
- Molik Karn
Pain Giver Beat Handlers (min)

Deployment:
We both pretty much deployed right in the middle because the board had 2 buildings with walls on the sides. Looking at his list I thought this was going to be a very rough battle.

Turn 1:
I got first and pretty much ran everything up with my Mage Hunter (kinda flanking) on his right. 

His turn he moved everything up and he didn't use Rush at all. He also kept Karn behind the Savages and slightly behind to the left of the Gladiator. Pain Givers were just behind the beasts.

Turn 2:
Since there was no Admonition or Rush cast it was obvious he has not hit his gaming Stride yet. This also made my turn a bit easier. I power boost the Phoenix with an Arcanist. I ran the Phoenix up to a (safe) position as I knew he wouldn't be casting Rush. I then walked my other Jacks up behind the Phoenix with Arcanists in tow and moved up the Mage hunter a bit. I Activate Rhan and Feated and Arched a fully boosted Force Hammer at the Leftmost Savage and the Titan Gladiator. It did some decent damage and slammed them over 2 Pain Givers.

On his Turn he charged the Savage into my Phoenix and it did a bit of damage on the charge, but all systems were in tact. He missed the second swing.

Turn 3:
This is where things start to get a bit blurry for this match because we had 2 turns of just pounding on one another so . Basically I allocated and load up the Phoenix and Banshee. Fist Arcanist give +2 Str to Banshee and second to Pheonix. Mage Hunter Assassin Charge the Savage and Misses. The Banshee charges and wipes the first Savage. I activate the Phoenix and charge Karn. After several re rolled attacks due to Karns intuition he is about half health. I scoot the Sphinx up behind the Banshee.

His turn he charges the Gladiator into my Banshee dealing a bit of damage and I loose my Right Arm. Molik Attacks the Phoenix and misses one and he boosts attack and damage on the second. Minimal Damage is sustained. His Second Savage charges and kills my Mage Hunter.

Turn 4:
I allocate 3 to the Phoenix. I activate the Phoenix first and do some damage to Karn, but he is still up with a few boxes. The Sphinx Charges in and Finishes him. The second Arcanist give +2 STR to Banshee and he wipes the Gladiator. The Savage is on my left and outside of Morghoul's control so I decide to slam him away. I boost a Force Hammer and miss with a roll of 4.

On his turn he uses his one shot and runs Morghoul to allow him to force the savage. He charges Rhan and he takes 6 points of Damage.

Turn 5: 
I allocate 3 to Phoenix. He activates and walks to Morghoul and he eats it on the first attack.

All in all it was a pretty good game. We was new and has a lot to learn though he at least held his own pretty well.
IImmortalized
IImmortalized

Back to top Go down

CincyCon Battle Rep Empty Re: CincyCon Battle Rep

Post by IImmortalized March 24th 2014, 10:46 am

Game 2 I was matches against Andrew running eCaine.

eCaine
- Hunter
- Avenger
- Storm clad
Squire
eEiryss

He wins the roll and decides to go second so that he can choose the side with the Hill in the middle back to prevent me from using it.

Deployment:
I deploy pretty much in the middle of the board as there is a nice size forest in the middle. He does the same but slightly to my left. My Mage hunter Assassin in on my right. His hunter is set to flank on my Right.

Turn 1: 
I allocate 1 to everything and run up. The Phoenix is behind on the left side of the forest with Rahn behind him. The others are on the Right.

He allocates to everything and moves up to the left. Eiryss runs down my left flank. He leaves Caine on no focus between his jacks.

Turn 2: 
Rhan keeps it all. I Activate an Anarchist and Power boost the Phoenix. The Phoenix Runs to about 4 inches from everything. Rhan activates, Feats, and Kills Caine with 2 fully boosted Force Hammers.

He did not realize Phoenix was an Archnode.
IImmortalized
IImmortalized

Back to top Go down

Post by IImmortalized March 24th 2014, 11:08 am

Game 3 I was Paired against Harry with Siege. I knew walking into this game the only way I was going to win was committing 2 jacks into the storm wall and with lucky dice spikes.

His List:

Siege
- Stormwall
- Hunter
Jr.
Squire

I win the roll and go first.

Deployment:
Everything is center-ish for us both except the my Mage Hunter and hist Hunter on my left.

Turn 1:
I allocate up and pretty much run everything. Rhan stays on the hill by my deployment. Mage Hunter Advances on the left.

His turn he allocates and starts to Shimmy to his left making his way toward a house. A hunter Shot misses my Banshee. He takes two shots with the storm wall and does 3 to the Phoenix Shield and quite a bit to the Banshee. He lays two cover Fire Templates and a pod on the right to block a charge lane to Siege as he moves base to base with Stormwall on his back left and lays down a fox hole. Arcane Shield from Jr. goes to Stormwall.

Turn 2:
Well I knew it was make or break here. I had a line to siege to try and assassinate, but under fox hole and camping 2 odds were slim so I elected to go all in on Stormwall. I allocated to max on the Phoenix and Banshee. I activate the Arcanists and give +2 STR to both. I activate Rhan and TK my Banshee forward. I charge his Hunter with my Mage Hunter Assassin and do about 8 points. The Phoenix charges and the Damage is ok, not the spike I was hoping for. Next the Banshee charges and the clutch damage roll for a cover fire takes out his cortex making his damage output very small. I do a decent amount of damage on the charge but not near enough.

He allocates to Stormwall and hunter. Activates Siege, Feats, and Ground Pounders my Mage Hunter. Stormwall activate and 1 shots both my jacks in melee. He lays a Pod which does 11 damage to my third jack. Before he activates his hunter I call the game.

Loss.

(In retrospect it may have been a better play to go for Siege because if I was lucky enough to slam him and do a bit of damage he may have forgotten about Killbox.)
IImmortalized
IImmortalized

Back to top Go down

Post by IImmortalized March 24th 2014, 11:29 am

Game 4 was with Ryan also playing Cygnar though he had eStryker. 

eStryker
- Old Rowdy
- Storm Clad
- hunter
-Squire
-Jr.
- Storm Smith

I win the roll and go first

Deployment:

Same board as my first game so everything is in the middle. His Hunter and my Mage Hunter are on my left.

Turn 1:
I activate and run everything up. I keep Rhan behind a hill on my side of the board.

He activates and moves everything up. Arcane Shield it on Stryker. He run the Stormcaller up my right flank.

Turn 2:
I allocate/power boost for my jacks to run. I move the Phoenix up. My Mage hunter Assassin charges the hunter doing some pretty good damage. I then active Rhan and Arch a Force Hammer at the StormClad. It does decent damage, but it slams over the Squire killing it outright (Yay!). I also place Polarity Shield on the Phoenix. I move the Banshee into a position that would intice a charge from his Stormclad and potentially block Rowdy from doing anything important.

He allocates and does pretty much what I thought. His Storm caller disrupts the Phoenix. He Stands up the Stormclad and charges the Banshee doing a bit of damage. Rowdy walks forward out of melee range thanks to Polarity Shield and good positioning.

Turn 3:
I basically just allocate a bit and leave Rhan with 3. I power boost the Phoenix and he does some damage to the Stormclad. My Banshee Charges and does almost no damage due to misses. My Sphinx shoots and kills the Storm Caller. The Mage Hunter misses the Hunter. I shimmy Rhan to my right trying to pace the distance for Stryker. (I was still too close).

His turn he decides to go for it. He basically makes no attacks and activates Stryker. He energizes up, Feats, and runs. He takes a free strike from my Mage Hunter Assassin, but she does no damage. He declares everything done and moves Stryker to contact with Rhan. He over boosts and goes to Pow 26. He takes 16 damage leaving him at 1! Rhan is at ARM 19 he makes his Attack and botches the damage roll only doing 14 points of damage leaving Rhan at 1!

Turn 4:
Rhan Activates, Feats, and lays down Stryker with the first Force Hammer.

RESULTS:
So all in all I ended up 3-1 and took Third place (Michael took First and Harry took Second). It was a great Tournament and the games were a blast. It was a great high note to come back into the game and do so well even though I did make a few mistakes.
IImmortalized
IImmortalized

Back to top Go down

Post by Servo March 24th 2014, 2:55 pm

This format rewards skew that you hope your opponents cannot handle. To that end, I was a bastard brought the following stealth skew:

pGoreshade
-Deathjack
-Nightmare
-Seether

Game 1 vs Ryan O
eBaldur
-Woldwrath
-Woldwarden
Gallows grove

We both deploy centrally, and the terrain is largely inconsequential. I run the jacks up out of melee range, cast shadowmancer, and intentionally fail my charge at the colossal.

He scoots forward a bit, shoots at the jacks (missing due to stealth), and drops a forest or two. Baldur takes some damage, puts some damage on deathjack with crevasse, and feats.

Goreshade moves up a bit and feats, almost all the banes charge the colossal and do lots of damage. Nightmare charges the colossal and kills it. Seether puts some damage on the woldwarden, Deathjack gets in position to kill something.

Baldur charges and kills the deathjack, woldwarden maybe hit the seether or killed a bane.

I finish of the woldwarden and that's game. Ryan was either drunk or hungover and clearly had a blast playing. Fun times all around.

Game 2 vs David
Skorne list Shane mentioned

I deploy with Goreshade behind a forest to keep from being charged. Jacks run up, staying out of melee range.

He moves up a bit in a brick and does nothing.

I scoot up the jacks a bit and feat some banes in. Three get on Molik, but only one hits. Another gets in the way and one hits a savage for some damage.

He kills all the banes but one I left back and advances to outside of my charge range. Morghoul takes five damage in the killbox.

I wonder what the hell I'm supposed to do, and, in a rare turn of events for myself, advance all of my models backwards.

He runs some beasts forwards, runs Morghoul and feats. I let him know he can't run and feat, so...he doesn't feat.

I go to town on his beasts and the deathjack fails to kill the gladiator despite having five focus. Seether kills a savage and nightmare hangs near Goreshade.

Now he feats, puts admonition on Morghoul, and gets some retaliation with his beasts.

I can't spend focus, so I move the deathwalker up (forget to apply any of her bonuses) to trigger admonition, and tickle his beasts. Goreshade camps everything...

Morghoul runs next to Goreshade, a savage puts some damage on the seether, Morghoul activates to put 14 damage on Goreshade, but, well you see the problem here.

I can't remember if I finished the beasts or killed Morghoul.

David is new and learning, but he still made me work for the win and remembered my stats better than I did. He might be a savant!

Game 3 vs Andrew
eCaine list described by Shane, though he had Taryn, not a squire

His list is built for one thing, so I put Goreshade behind a forest with shadowmancer all game, and he's got true sight up all game.

He moves up and takes the hunter shot that falls short.

Goreshade casts shadowmancer and stays behind the forest. His jacks are too far forward, so the seether charges the hunter, does some damage, and throws it at Caine. The hunter is wrecked and Caine takes 3 or so points. Nightmare charges the avenger doing decent damage. Deathjack runs up near a building.

Stormclad charges deathjack and does only 12 damage. Eiyriss moves to deny focus to deathjack. Avenger takes a freestrike from nightmare, allowing Caine to feat and leave the nightmare on four or so boxes. His other shots go into the seether and leave it in bad shape. Taryn shoots nightmare.

Goreshade feats some banes in to start harassing the board. Deathjack kills the stormclad and the seether kills taryn. Nightmare charges and fails to his Caine, though I should have just finished off the avenger and called it quits.

Caine gets rid of nightmare and some banes, backing out of killbox as he does so. Avenger is back in his deployment zone.

Banes rush towards Caine and avenger, deathjack eats Eiryss.

Caine kills some banes. And killboxes himself again.

Remaining banes run toward Caine and avenger, deathjack runs around building toward Caine.

Caine's last hope is killing deathjack for the win, but he pulls up short. And killboxes himself to death.

This was an interesting match that Andrew would have had a much better shot at had he not over-committed the jacks early. He was a pleasure to play against.

Game 4 vs Harry
Siege list described by Shane

This is the final match, and we both know it will be tight. His guns don't mean shit to my stealth, but mage sight lets him drop a jack each turn. I've got one of the few lists truly ready to deal with a colossal.

Deployment is uninteresting except for Goreshade going behind a forest. Hunter takes a shot at the deathjack but falls short. Everything else moves up a bit.

I run the seether up about an inch too far and realize it immediately. Nightmare runs up into the middle of the board and deathjack gets closer to the hunter.

Siege drops mage sight on the seether, shoots it, and the stormwall finishes it off. A pod goes in front of nightmare and covering fire templates block most access to the stormwall.

It's do or die, so Goreshade casts shadowmancer, charges the pod in front of Nightmare, and feats. Two banes make it through the covering fire gap, and one survives charging through a template. They do decent damage. Nightmare is just out of prey range for the hunter and advances a bit. Deathjack gets set up for a charge on stormwall next round.

Siege feats and ground pounds some banes and the stormwall punches the ones that don't die. Hunter moves next to stormwall and shoots the deathjack for some damage.

Gorshade hex blasts off arcane shield and charges stormwall, putting some hurt on it by spending the rest of his focus. The remaining banes do some more damage. Nightmare is now within ten of the hunter and uses the bonus to walk to stormwall and put it down. Deathjack charges the hunter, misses every initial, and buys his final attack.

I glance at my clock and see 1 second, so I drop the dice, rolling enough to hit. Time expires and, as per the rules, you are allowed to roll damage for anything that hit directly, even if the clock has finished. I need a seven to win, and I roll the dire while staring into Harry's eyes. He extends his hand and I am the prettiest girl at prom.

Harry was an excellent opponent who played a tight game and made me work for the win. Would play again!
Servo
Servo

Back to top Go down

Post by IImmortalized March 24th 2014, 3:37 pm

Ah, Correct on Taryn over the Squire. the list was only on the table for 5ish minutes so I got it mixed up.
IImmortalized
IImmortalized

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanO March 29th 2014, 8:56 pm

I had a great time losing to everyone but am uncertain if I was drunk or hungover. I would totally write up a sweet battle report but I barely remember anything that occurred. Michael was especially gracious with his winning dice since I immediately lost my participation die after the 3rd round. Cheers on a great tourney.

RyanO

Back to top Go down

Post by milothewise March 31st 2014, 10:12 am

It was certainly great to meet you, Ryan - although the highlight for me was not our game so much as our discussion of the incredible 4-D game board.
milothewise
milothewise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down