Cincinnati Warmachine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shade3 and The Kraken

2 posters

Go down

Shade3 and The Kraken Empty Shade3 and The Kraken

Post by Crawling Chaos June 20th 2014, 3:13 am

These two should be best of friends, but I have not been able to make the list work. While an infernal machined Kraken is a serious threat, it does eat up a lot of points. My lists feel like they are lacking in the beef department. Anyway, here is my first real attempt to combine the two.

Shade3
•Skarlock
•Kraken
•Deathripper
Wraith Engine
Warwitch siren
Ogryn Bokur
Madelyn
Max Blackbane's
Whithershadow Combine
Crawling Chaos
Crawling Chaos

Back to top Go down

Shade3 and The Kraken Empty Re: Shade3 and The Kraken

Post by milothewise June 20th 2014, 9:30 am

I was struggling with Forward Kommander last night trying to make this work, too. I have only played the one game against him, but it feels like he will want more infantry than you're bringing here.

Specifically:
-Do you need the Deathripper? With the Kraken in the list, being able to spell assassinate at the top of 2 becomes less important (because you can assassinate with the guns at the top of 2). Later in the game, Shade is fully capable of just delivering those spells himself.
-Bokur seems like wasted points - are you that afraid of Eiryss?
-Siren can go if the node goes
-I think you need another unit, maybe in place of the Wraith Engine. I really liked that Lou's list was able to lock me out of the scenario on turn 2, and you lose that without another unit for stationary/jamming

Whew. Clearly I have Opinions; they are based on conjecture and speculation, though, so let us know how games go Smile.
milothewise
milothewise

Back to top Go down

Post by Crawling Chaos June 20th 2014, 11:10 am

I just don't like giving up the Syphon Bolt Threat. It's even better against Hordes as you can really screw with their fury supply. The Bokur is a waste with Occultation, but does allow me to put Occultation somewhere else.

I guess my biggest question is, what other infantry should go in the list? Not much else can keep up with this army and hit reasonably hard. Raiders get one turn but are not fearless. Bane Riders are only so-so. Soul Hunters are a 13 point package and are probably the only real option. Maybe Nyss Hunters? Or Croe's?
Crawling Chaos
Crawling Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by milothewise June 20th 2014, 12:31 pm

You aren't giving up the Siphon Bolt threat, you're just reducing the range to Shade himself. That's enough, in some matchups.

Raiders can probably do the job. They get to charge in with the minifeat (+Scything Touch, optionally), then get popped for the feat or keep folks out of zones/off the Kraken. Could be worse.

I agree Bane Riders aren't the take.

Soul Hunters are expensive, but Darragh Wrathe does a lot for the gameplan (don't die!) anyway, and once you cut the Engine and the node, you're home. This is probably my favorite option. They REALLY like to charge into a stationary line, then light cav into the backfield. They like it a lot.
milothewise
milothewise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum