Cincinnati Warmachine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dan's Masters Lists

+3
eChad
milothewise
DanS
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dan's Masters Lists Empty Dan's Masters Lists

Post by DanS May 8th 2014, 10:49 am

uButcher
~Argii
~Spriggan
Black Dragons + Kovnik
Black Dragons
Greylord Ternion
eEyriss
Gorman
Widowmakers
Ogrun Bokur
Saxon Orrik
eAlexia

Vlad3
~Drago
~Dog
Winterguard Rifle Corp + Joe
Outriders
Kovnik Dushe Bag
~Spriggan
Fenris
Drakhun (no Dis)
Great Bears

pSorsha
~Conquest
~Conquest
~Wyshnaylor
Outriders
Reinholt
pEyriss
Mechaniks

I could swap out the pSorsha list for a more traditional gunline, or run Vlad3's theme...but I still like Vlad as a suprise Cryx drop, and who can see that Sorsha list coming.
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Dan's Masters Lists Empty Re: Dan's Masters Lists

Post by milothewise May 8th 2014, 11:52 am

I like this version of Vlad3 better, I think (having less play time against it than most). It leverages his strengths in a scarier way.

How is that pSorcha list? More specifically: what do you bring her against, and where is she for most of the game? Because in theory she's hiding behind two Konquests...but then you have to move one before she moves up to let them murderize things with their guns. Anything you're terrified of seeing while piloting her (besides pShade  Cool )?
milothewise
milothewise

Back to top Go down

Post by eChad May 8th 2014, 12:04 pm

I don't think she would have to be completely behind them. She could be between them with a support model or two in front of her and still not seen by most of the opponent's army.

eChad

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS May 8th 2014, 12:09 pm

In Iron Gauntlet at WMW she dominated Menoth (phat asian), Circle, and Mercs. It also dominates Khador in the basement dojo, and Trolls get screwed by stationary effects something awful.

I would not want to run it up against Skorne or Cryx...but my other two list should handle those nicely.
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by milothewise May 8th 2014, 12:44 pm

Alright, sold. I do like the questions you force your opponent to be able to answer: "Okay, so the list I choose has to be able to handle Vlad3 nonsense, 2 colossals, or uButcher. No problem?"

I've seen that uButcher list all over the place. Is it the best iteration? I'm tempted to argue against it just because it's boring, but that's probably not a good enough reason to forsake it...
milothewise
milothewise

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS May 8th 2014, 12:54 pm

The uButcher list is good because it shits all over Legion.  Because of that I would even consider dropping the Ternion for Ragman plus a Koldun Lord, or Ragman plus Harlan Versh.

I hope that you are going to competative game night. I will probably bring uButcher and Sorsha.
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by milothewise May 8th 2014, 4:13 pm

I am going to try. Been a rough week for my wife, so I may be on footrub/wine/cookie duty full time. I'll update when I know.
milothewise
milothewise

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowerlitespeed May 8th 2014, 4:33 pm

Hmm...Are you sure you have an answer for what the general Cryx populace is running right now? I am not really seeing it.

Slowerlitespeed

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS May 8th 2014, 4:36 pm

Vlad is the current Cryx drop.  He seems to have the matchup covered, is there something that I am missing?

WGRC + Joe to kill 8-9 infantry a turn from distance.

Outrider sprays to do the same...covering incoporeal and stealth

Spriggan flares to further cover stealth

Fenris to kill nodes/incoporeal and be a spell immune pain in the dick

Drakun to countercharge nodes

Bears clean up

Vlad kills Cryx infantry dead...WW keeps a Kraken from lighting him up from a distance

HoF makes sure things die...Dash makes me all but immune to a Jam

My assumption is that most Cryx players will be unfamiliar with Vlad3 being dropped against them

I am also assuming that Morty, Big-T, Gaspy3, eShade, and both dennys are popular right now. eShade and Terminus might be problems, because they have bully pieces. Their armies should melt around them though, so I just have to make sure that I don't get Vlad killed.
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by Crawling Chaos May 8th 2014, 5:58 pm

Don't forget ghaspy2. He is always popular.
Crawling Chaos
Crawling Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS May 8th 2014, 6:45 pm

His clouds are troublesome, but the Spriggan flares give my LOS behind them.  My army melts his, so I would just have to not get killed...pretty much standard vs. Cryx.

You played against the double Outriders list Brian, which one would cause you more problems? Not just against eGaspy, Cryx in general.
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowerlitespeed May 8th 2014, 7:48 pm

Eshade poses a bit of a problem for you I think. He's going to be everywhere now that bane riders are out. Kraken kills probably a couple of outriders every turn and some wg as well. He doesn't really care about his army melting too much, given his ways of force multiplication and recurrsion. Gaspy2 will be played, but no GOOD cryx player fields him, so I wouldn't worry too much about him

Slowerlitespeed

Back to top Go down

Post by milothewise May 8th 2014, 9:57 pm

Dammit. Had a nice long post that got deleted.

Basically - eShade is worse for Vlad than eGaspy, I think, but it isn't unplayable. Scenario could go either way. In any case, you're probably more likely to see eGaspy than eShade.

I don't agree that the current gold standard eGaspy list is the best iteration (at least in the current meta), but he does do an awful lot that you want in a Warmachine caster. The fact that he can feat to remove a colossal from the board could earn him a spot in a lot of rosters.
milothewise
milothewise

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS May 9th 2014, 10:11 am

Could someone throw up an eShade list.  This is what I came up with, including Bane Knights at least.  Forward Kommander does not include them in his theme list...is that correct?

Goreshade the Cursed (*5pts)
* Nightwretch (4pts)
* Kraken (19pts)
* Skarlock Thrall (2pts)
Bane Knights (Leader and 9 Grunts) (10pts)
Bane Thralls (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Bane Thrall Officer & Standard (3pts)
The Withershadow Combine (5pts)
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist (2pts)
Warwitch Siren (2pts)

It would be a good match to play out.  I think that I have all of the tools to win that match though.

Redlined Spriggan and Drago will do a number on the Kraken.  Wind Wall keeps Vlad and at least one of the Jacks safe.  The Drakhun will earn his keep for sure.

The other list is:
Vlad3 Tier 4
~Drago
~Dog
Outriders
Outriders
Ulhans (min)
Ulhans (min)
Drakhun with Dismount
Drakhun with Dismount
Markov
Fenris
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS May 9th 2014, 12:16 pm

So, is anyone able to make it to Competative Game Night? Lou, is your basement available?
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowerlitespeed May 9th 2014, 6:19 pm

Because you asked so nicely, here is my current EShade build Very Happy . And, yes he is in my lineup, just in case you were wondering.

Eshade +5
Kraken 19
Skarlock 2
Tartarus 4
Pistol Wraith 3
Scraps x9 3
Max thralls 8
UA 3
Max thralls 8
UA free
WSC 5

The list is tier 3, which means absolutely nothing to the opposing player.

Slowerlitespeed

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS May 12th 2014, 10:47 am

That Vlad list is 3 point short...lol.

All of these have been tweeked at this point anyway...the new uButcher is

Kommander Zoktavir, The Butcher Unleashed (*4pts)
* Demolisher (9pts)
* Devastator (9pts)
* War dog (1pts)
Iron Fang Pikemen (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Black Dragon Officer & Standard (2pts)
Kayazy Eliminators (Leader and Grunt) (3pts)
Widowmakers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (4pts)
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (3pts)
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist (2pts)
Iron Fang Kovnik (2pts)
Man-o-war Drakhun (without dismount) (4pts)
Ogrun Bokur (3pts)
Ragman (2pts)
Saxon Orrik (2pts)
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by milothewise May 12th 2014, 11:01 am

Why the change? I like it, don't get me wrong - I especially like the jack load-out, and Eliminators with Silence of Death. Maybe post a new thread with updated lists?
milothewise
milothewise

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS May 12th 2014, 12:16 pm

The change?

I guess that I am just trying to stay one step in front of the meta.

Skorne and Legion know that B3 is coming, I can see them bringing double Deathstalkers, Incindiari, Double Ravagores in an effort to combat the Double Dragon tactic. Given the recent boost to clam jacks I figured that I would give my opponents two ARM 25 boulders to chew on...that do nothing but bulldoze and slam them backwards. I am currently very unsure on my 3rd caster. I like Sorsha, but I will wait to post another thread until I have things a little more solid.
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS May 13th 2014, 12:15 pm

Playtested Vlad and uButcher lists yesterday. I played against Tyler in Dayton, he won on of the Adepticon Masters heats, and did well at the Epic Loot OWC qualifier.

Vlad3
~Drago
~Dog
Winterguard Rifle Corp + Joe
Outriders
Kovnik Dushe Bag
~Spriggan
Fenris
Drakhun (no Dis)
Great Bears

Played against:
Skarre, Queen of the Broken Coast
* Deathjack
* Nightmare
Bane Knights (Leader and 9 Grunts)
Necrosurgeon & 3 Stitch Thralls
Satyxis Blood Witches (Leader and 9 Grunts)
* Satyxis Blood Hag
Bane Lord Tartarus
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor
Pistol Wraith
Pistol Wraith

A pretty nasty list. I am both glad and upset that I have two heavies, since his out-threat mine with perdition. I will give the basics of the battle. Destruction is the scenario.

Turn 1:
I run everything screaming forward, dash help send my forces forward...keeping important pieces outside of Deathjacks perdition range.

He gives three to Deathjack and casts Deathward onto Nightmare. He has to feat turn one, which is HUGE. He picks Nightmare, Deathjack, Skarre, Gorman, and Fenris. Deathjack casts perdition twice on random riflemen, and I fail both tough rolls. Nightmare is advanced into my grill on the right flank and Deathjack is in my **** on the left. The rest of his army runs forward. The witches mini-feat and run. Three engage my outriders, hoping to limit their spray angles. One gets to close to the Drakun and I countercharge, she is put into the dirt and I am now close enough to get to Tartarus next turn.

Turn 2
Vlad upkeeps HoF on the Outriders and Infernal Machine on Drago. I let Redline drop off of the Spriggan. Vlad goes first and cast Dash, then hides in a forest just inside the killbox. Both of my jack run in front of him to deny landing spots for perditioned jacks. I also forget to recast Redline, Andrie runs. My Outriders now walk away from the witches, ignoring free strikes and spray down Gorman, 5 witches, and a Bane Knight. They then light cav to jam three of them in front of Nightmare, and the other two try to deny charge dice from the remaining witches. The rifle corp and Joe get boosted attack rolls and light up the Bane Knights, killing another 5. The Drakun charges and kills Tarterous and another knight. Fenris and one Great Bear keep Deathjack at maximum reach from opposite sides to try to pin him in, the other two bears are waiting to countercharge. (Man, a lot happened this game).

Skarre give three to Nightmare and three to Deathjack. Nightmare kills all of the Outriders in front of him. The witches kill one more, and Skarre has to come over to drop the last one. Well, at least I don't have to worry about upkeeping HoF. The reamaining Bane Knights Dismount Fenris and force the engaging Great Bear to tough. Both Pistol Wraiths miss at least one of their shots, so no Deathchills and Deathjack Bloodrains the Bear, another tough and corrodes 4 Riflemen. He then takes the bear's freestrike, which does 3 damage and eats Fenris. Admonition is then cast on himself.

Turn 3
Vlad upkeeps Infernal Machine. Skarre is at the extreme end of his threat range, using the objective for auto-sidesteps...but I am a conservative guy. Two focus is given to the Spriggan. He gets Redline from Kovnik Dueche. The Spriggan charges Nightmare and brings it down to three boxes, he gets to choose collums so he still has Cortex/Movement/Arm. The dog gives it a try but bounces off of his armor. I decied to alter my plans and Vlad feats, HoF's himself, and charges the Objective. In short, he kills Nightmare + Objective + pistol wraith + a witch and sprints back to saftey...towing into the back of the zone. I decided to ignore Deathjack on my other flank and kill the rest of the Banes and pistol wraith. Drago moves protectively in front of Vlad and I score three points.

My opponent cannot get Deathjack into the zone (boxed in) and can only get a handful of troopers in. He conceides when he realizes that Vlad can kill most of them with one flashing blade or a Drago trample.

I will post the other one when I have time.
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by Servo May 13th 2014, 1:01 pm

Nice writeup, Dan. Not to take away from your win, but this game epitomizes the thread Nick unleashed in the Cryx forums.
Servo
Servo

Back to top Go down

Post by milothewise May 13th 2014, 2:31 pm

Well played game, from the sound of it. Emo Wannabe is definitely not excited about the volume of armor in your three lists.

Gawd, it's like she doesn't have any good matchups. Bad players, I guess.

On a more serious note, I like a stronger ranged element in her lists so she doesn't have to feat on turn one.
milothewise
milothewise

Back to top Go down

Post by eChad May 13th 2014, 3:23 pm

I think that's her game plan from the games I've played against her and have watched.

Feat turn 1, spend all your focus, cross fingers. Oh, and cut herself a bunch of times.

eChad

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS May 13th 2014, 3:24 pm

milothewise wrote:Well played game, from the sound of it. Emo Wannabe is definitely not excited about the volume of armor in your three lists.

Gawd, it's like she doesn't have any good matchups. Bad players, I guess.

On a more serious note, I like a stronger ranged element in her lists so she doesn't have to feat on turn one.

How do you add ranged elements in Cryx, besides the Kraken? (Nyss are in his pDenny list, match #2)
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by Servo May 13th 2014, 4:03 pm

The leviathan is pretty solid, and Aiakos lets it do work without draining casters.
Servo
Servo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next