Skorne Lists

Go down

Skorne Lists

Post by pg.Affliction on April 21st 2014, 5:33 pm

So just doing some list analysis here, and would like some feedback on what match-ups I seem to be weak in. This is all in preparation for a Masters event so will be 3 lists, character restricted.

Supreme Archdomina Makeda (*5pts)
* Cyclops Shaman (5pts)
* Molik Karn (11pts)
* Titan Gladiator (8pts)
Cataphract Incindiarii (Leader and 5 Grunts) (9pts)
Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Praetorian Swordsmen (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Praetorian Swordsmen Officer & Standard (2pts)
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer (3pts)
Agonizer (2pts)
Extoler Soulward (2pts)
Gatorman Witch Doctor (3pts)
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor (2pts)

Primary Drops: Cryx Infantry, Jam Lists, any caster that needs to cast spells past mid-field to assassinate (Butcher3, Garreth, etc.).

This list is probably my favorite list. I am just now getting used to playing it again, but my target priority is way off and is something I personally need to work on. This list gets a lot done on FEAT turn, but if I don't get my assassination lanes open, press the scenario like I should, or something goes wrong I seem to have a hard time finishing the game. Now why that is a typical problem, this list doesn't carry well past FEAT turn.

T4: Chain Gang
Dominar Rasheth (*5pts)
* Basilisk Drake (4pts)
* Basilisk Krea (4pts)
* Bronzeback Titan (9pts)
* Titan Gladiator (7pts)
* Titan Sentry (8pts)
Gatormen Posse (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Venators Slingers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Agonizer (2pts)
Agonizer (2pts)
Paingiver Task Master (2pts)

Benefits:
T1: -1 Titan Points
T2: Agonizers start with 3 Fury
T3: +2 SPD on Minion Pack
T4: +2" on Deployment Zone

Primary Drop: Any spell slinging list, Hordes, Menoth, anything list I need to RFP.

I really like playing this list also, it has a lot of depth and can hold its own in a longer fight.

Tyrant Xerxis (*5pts)
* Basilisk Krea (4pts)
* Tiberion (11pts)
* Aptimus Marketh (3pts)
Cataphract Cetrati (Leader and 5 Grunts) (11pts)
Cataphract Incindiarii (Leader and 5 Grunts) (9pts)
Gatormen Posse (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Agonizer (2pts)
Mortitheurge Willbreaker (2pts)
Paingiver Task Master (2pts)

Primary Drop: High ARM, Low P+S/POW, Gun Lines

This list is new to the fold. I like Xerxis in the couple games I played with him. He can grind out a scenario or really make my opponent eat up their clock while conserving mine. I really need a Tyrant Commander in here for a second 'Press Forward' or 'Reverie', but I cant seem to find the points. The Willbreaker could easily come out, but finding one more point is difficult. Thoughts?

I could take out the Incindiarii and replace them with Slingers, but that takes away from the grind factor of this list. Another variant is to remove the ranged element of the list and add another unit of Gators and a Taskmaster. This makes the list very hard to remove from the table and REALLY eats away at the opponents clock.

Last but not least, something completely different:

Void Seer Mordikaar (*5pts)
* Basilisk Drake (4pts)
* Basilisk Krea (4pts)
* Despoiler (10pts)
* Aptimus Marketh (3pts)
Bloodrunners (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Cataphract Cetrati (Leader and 5 Grunts) (11pts)
* Tyrant Vorkesh (3pts)
Nihilators (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer (3pts)
Agonizer (2pts)

Primary Drop: Not sure, just like the list, and its different than the others.

As a note, haven't fielded this one yet. Just some practice games against myself on Vassal to see how it flows. This list can attrition with the best of them. Almost complete spell denial while being super Fury efficient. Even with Vorkesh in there I can still use Revive and Essence Blast on the Cetrati.

The two issues with this list are....which of the above does it replace? And where does Marketh go if Xerxis stays? Both need him to cycle spells to make the army more efficient.

Any thoughts on one, some, or all of these lists is appreciated. I am going to try this Saturday to get the Mordikaar list on the table. Just missing my Cetrati as they aren't built yet and need some serious modification
pg.Affliction
Admin

http://cincinnatiwarmachine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Skorne Lists

Post by milothewise on April 21st 2014, 10:38 pm

I really like the Xerxis list as a compliment to the other two - but I'd drop the Incidiarii. They're great, but not on plan. Gatormen + Taskmaster also make the Tyrant Commander less necessary. There are lots of lists that just will not be able to handle that many boxes, and two units of Gatormen helps the usual Xerxis issue of not having enough attacks. Incidiarii are a little random to fill that role well.

Not sure how all-in you want to go, but I do really like the Incidiarii in tier. The multiple cheaper Cataphract units is pretty ballbusting.
milothewise

Back to top Go down

Post by pg.Affliction on April 22nd 2014, 9:37 am

The double Gator is what I fielded the couple games I played, and it worked great. The grind that list can do is pretty good at controlling the pace of the game for me. I threw in the Incindiarii on a whim just to have a little range support. I agree, if I go back to double Gator the TyCom isnt needed.

Thanks for the input.
pg.Affliction
Admin

http://cincinnatiwarmachine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down