Cincinnati Warmachine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warmachine Fantasy Draft League

3 posters

Go down

Warmachine Fantasy Draft League Empty Warmachine Fantasy Draft League

Post by pg.ski_anderson July 7th 2014, 10:15 am

I am cross-posting this from the Facebook group in case people are here but not there and to see what additional discussion takes place:

A few weeks ago, there was the NBA Draft. It got me thinking...

You all know what Fantasy Football is, right? So I need 7+ other suckers for Fantasy Warmachine. We will have one Wednesday night in July where we draft our teams in person at AOW. Games will be played in August and September. You'll be expected to play each other person in the league once (but it's cool if you can't get up there every week). We'll play every Wednesday except maybe the GenCon Wednesday.

You will have to draft:
3 casters
5-7 warjacks/warbeasts/colossals/gargantuans
5-7 units (UAs included)
5-7 solos
0-2 battle engines

The draft will be 20(!) rounds, snake draft style, one minute clocks. Trades wlll be allowed (after the draft), as long as the trade doesn't result in a player having more or less of something than what is listed above. Throughout the season you'll be able to add/drop from the free agent pool of unselected stuff, but it will limited to a certain amount of times. Yes, this does allow you to have more than 1 colossal available to you.

Everything you draft will be considered friendly faction.  However, someone like Thor who specifies a Rhulic jack as a target will still need a Rhulic jack.  Each caster/unit/solo/whatever is unique. It can only be selected one time by one player. That includes something like the Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers. You can't select the Amethyst Gun Mages if someone already took the ATGM, because it's the same unit.  Each thing you draft can only appear in a list once. For example, you draft an Earthbreaker. You can only take up to 1 in any list you make. No duplicating things.  

You will have to play each caster at least once. You can change your lists around before each game and there's no uniqueness. Once you've drafted something, it can appear once in any list you field.

Games will be normal 50 point games with scenarios, so you'll have to make sure you draft stuff that will allow you a legal list or lists. FOCUS and FURY mechanisms won't be changed, so if you draft all warbeasts but take all warcasters with FOCUS, you're probably in trouble.

You'll be borrowing my stuff when you need it, so there is an expectation that you'll take care of it.

I know you guys may have done something like this in the past, but I don't think it was handled in this broad of a fashion.

This is a long commitment of your time, so think carefully if you will be at the store and available for games before you sign up. We won't do it if we don't get 8+ people because the pool of available models is too big for deep strategy if there's fewer players.

pg.ski_anderson

http://c-o-g-s.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Warmachine Fantasy Draft League Empty Re: Warmachine Fantasy Draft League

Post by DanS July 7th 2014, 1:54 pm

If you really need an 8th I can jump in.

Free time will be tight for a while though, because of the tournaments coming up.
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by pg.ski_anderson July 7th 2014, 2:18 pm

Right now, we supposedly have 8. We may end up with 9 depending on how persuasive Nick Andrews can be. Of course, like any event I run, I plan for approximately 10-20% of the folks to be no-shows or cancels. If you want to play, please come up. I don't want to pressure you into it, but I think it will be a lot of broken fun.

I put together a spreadsheet of all the casters, units, solos, and jacks/beasts in the game. There are (numbers are approximate because I don't double check my work always):

142 casters
197 jacks and beasts
166 units
156 solos
9 battle engines

Let's say we get 8 people for this. That's a total of:
24 casters (16.9%)
40-56 jacks/beasts (20.3% to 28.4%)
40-56 units (24.0% to 33.7%)
40-56 solos (25.6% to 35.9%)
0-16 battle engines (obviously limited to 9)

Those percentages are a little low for my tastes. We'll see how this version of the draft goes. Next time, I may limited it to Warmachine or Hordes instead of both.

pg.ski_anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by DanS July 7th 2014, 2:56 pm

Is there a date for this?
DanS
DanS

Back to top Go down

Post by pg.ski_anderson July 7th 2014, 3:01 pm

Yeah. The Fantasy Draft is scheduled for July 23rd. I don't know the start time. Whenever Nick Shoemaker rolls into the store.

pg.ski_anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadGuySaysWhat July 8th 2014, 7:44 pm

Around 8 normally, depends on traffic and how long the line is wherever I pick up dinner.
DeadGuySaysWhat
DeadGuySaysWhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down